Saturday, July 31, 2021

Grace?

But he gives more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble. James 4:6

A short passage in James 4, that has a large word in it. Grace. God knows that we are going to mess up at times. But he has an antidote for that called Grace.

I did not feel any grace coming from the leaders of the church during the time that I was there.

But thank God, at least I had it from the One whose opinion of me was much different than what I was given.

My goodness, if they felt I was out of line and needed to change, they hadn't even handled it right. Mathew 18:15-20 gives the details on how situations in the church should be handled if a member sins. Instead, they went straight to putting this situation before the whole church. 

No grace there, believe me. 

You may think I sound bitter. I probably was back in the day. I am no longer bitter. But I did come to it, that they, like I, were human and they made mistakes as everybody does. 

I did not know their hearts. I can only know mine as much as I can. 

Actually, in looking back, that experience taught me a lot. And I am a better person for it.

God gives grace to all that love him. Are we so great that we need not give it out to those around us, as well?

I think not.

I want to stand before him one day, and receive his gift of grace in full. But, I must practice it, here.

Thanks for coming by, Friends. God bless your

day!


This contains an image of: {{ pinTitle }}!










No comments:

Post a Comment

If God is in control...(part two)

 ...is He responsible for bad weather on the earth? Does God Send Earthquakes and Hurricanes? Why Does Nature Seem to Be More and More Destr...