Friday, October 2, 2026

God is Faithful (step 4) part 21

 



Step 4: Remember God’s Faithfulness and His Fulfilled Promises

The heroes of Hebrews 11 trusted God for the future because they had evidence from the past — they had watched God fulfill His promises. Keep your own record: a journal of answered prayers, provisions, and moments God came through. When faith wavers, a history of God’s faithfulness is your strongest anchor.



Revelation 18:4-6

4 Then I heard another voice from heaven saying,

“Come out of her, my people,
    lest you take part in her sins,
lest you share in her plagues;
5 for her sins are heaped high as heaven,
    and God has remembered her iniquities.
6 Pay her back as she herself has paid back others,
    and repay her double for her deeds;
    mix a double portion for her in the cup she mixed.


Revelation 18:4–6 calls God’s people to “come out” of Babylon so they will not share in her sins or plagues, because her sins have reached heaven and God will repay her double for her deeds.

Full Passage (Key Translations)

New International Version (NIV)

“Then I heard another voice from heaven say: ‘Come out of her, my people,’ so that you will not share in her sins, so that you will not receive any of her plagues; for her sins are piled up to heaven, and God has remembered her crimes. Give back to her as she has given; pay her back double for what she has done. Pour her a double portion from her own cup.” BibleGateway.com

King James Version (KJV)

“And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities. Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.” BibleGateway.com

Summary of Meaning

  • “Come out of her”: A command for God’s people to separate themselves from Babylon (symbolizing a corrupt world system).
  • Reason: Babylon’s sins are immense and remembered by God.
  • Judgment: God will repay Babylon double for her deeds, symbolizing complete and just retribution. BibleGateway.com

This passage emphasizes divine justice and the call for believers to avoid complicity in evil.

Hello, Friends. I just want to update you on what I said in yesterday's content. 

I am doing better today. Things in my life are looking up and I am so thankful for my God. I do not profess to have all the answers of life. Or in my faith. Or in God, Jehova. 

I am a believer in God of the Bible. In His Word. And in the prayers of those who have been made righteous by the blood of Jesus. 

I believe if we trust in Him and His Word, we have all we need. He is enough. 

Yesterday was a aggravating day for some of it. But He gave me the peace I needed to get through it. And instead of feeling sorry for myself, I did take action against it and today, I woke up to a warm and sunny day, despite it.

Thank you, Friends. For coming here. For praying for me. Because I know you did. And God is getting me through it. 

Years ago, I heard a sermon that has at least stayed partially with me. I don't know who preached it. I don't remember what all it was about. But the one thing I do remember is that God takes us through life, one step at a time.

At that time, I was married to a man that was becoming an alcoholic. It was hard. And I remember thinking when I heard that sermon, that sometimes I can't even take a step. I have to crawl until I can stand up and walk one step at a time.

Well, eventually that did happen. My husband did get saved and threw away his alcohol. Not right away. It was 15 years into to our marriage, but God was faithful. And He has been all along. 

He is with Jesus now. While I sometimes still have to be reminded that our battles require us to keep taking those steps. Steps of faith.

But the good news is, I look back over the years and can see what it took and what God did about it. 

Nothing about it is glory to me. It is all God. But, life is easier now because of what He has done in my past. And will continue to do in the future until I meet my husband again. 

The Great I Am will and has never forsaken me. Nor will He forsake you.

I hope you have that promise. There is nothing like it in this life.

Thanks for coming. Have a blessed day!

















No comments:

Post a Comment

God is Faithful (step 4) part 21

  Step 4: Remember God’s Faithfulness and His Fulfilled Promises The heroes of Hebrews 11 trusted God for the future because they had eviden...