Tuesday, May 17, 2022

The Anger of a Holy God (part 1)


 I have posted on the subject of anger before. But for a few days, I want to post something more about it. If we go back to the bible and Jesus, we find there that even this man that we think of us as mild mannered and all loving and forgiving,... got angry at times as he walked on this earth because of the injustices of the human (or was it un-human?) race.

We have been hearing a lot about the obvious injustices/inhumanness of those people that want to destroy innocent lives before they are barely in the womb, much less out of it. Murders before. Murders after.

To get rid of the most venerable and yet those that Jesus himself would certainly be angry at if he were to appear before those that would take innocent lives. 

His love for children shows up in the following passage:

And they brought young children to him, that he should touch them: and his disciples rebuked those that brought them. But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God. Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein. And he took them up in his arms, put his hands upon them, and blessed them. Mark 10: 13-16

I can't imagine how people can knowingly and intentionally inflict pain, suffering and death on anyone, let alone those cannot possibly defend themselves from their tormenters. It is beyond my ability.

And I think about God looking down on his creation and is saddened to see what goes on in the minds and lives of those that do these horrible acts.

 I wonder if he was so angry in his days on earth that he would not let his own disciples keep the children away from him, why doesn't he do something now to stop the violence to so many.

I do not fully know the answer to that question. Only to say that he gives a free will to each of us to do as we please.

Only to say that one day it will stop.

Only to say that those that do harm will eventually face him in judgement and be repaid for the evil they have done.

That's all I know. Its all I trust. He knows the big picture and I don't.

But to me, it also shows that a loving God, can and does get angry. Because it tells me that in his Word.

What other instances can we find where he became angry: Come back tomorrow for another one of those times.

Thanks, for stopping by, Friends. May God bless your day!



















No comments:

Post a Comment

An Update

I realize that I probably should have given these books of the Bible in order. Especially since I knew I would be doing it for a few weeks. ...