Monday, October 5, 2026

Don't Live Your Life Alone (Step 6) Part 23

 




Step 6: Surround Yourself with a Faith Community

“Not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another.”

— Hebrews 10:25

Faith is contagious in community. Proximity to believers of strong faith lifts your own through testimony, prayer, and shared experience. Isolation weakens faith. The relationship with God you are building was designed for community.




(Source: Faith Bible Study)

Revelation 18:8


For this reason her plagues will come in a single day,
    death and mourning and famine,
and she will be burned up with fire;
    for mighty is the Lord God who has judged her.

Revelation 18:8 states that Babylon’s plagues—death, mourning, and famine—will come in a single day, and she will be consumed by fire because the Lord God who judges her is mighty.

Full Verse (Representative Translation: NIV)

“Therefore in one day her plagues will overtake her: death, mourning and famine. She will be consumed by fire, for mighty is the Lord God who judges her.” BibleGateway.com

Summary of Key Themes

  • Sudden judgment: The destruction comes “in one day,” emphasizing swiftness. Bible Hub
  • Forms of judgment: Death, mourning, famine, and fire. BibleGateway.com
  • Divine authority: The judgment is certain because God is strong and sovereign. Bible Hub

This verse is part of Revelation’s depiction of the fall of symbolic Babylon, representing a corrupt world system judged by God.

Good afternoon, or whatever time it is for where you are. Thanks for coming back if you read my post this morning. At any rate, the problem I was having is now fixed and I am so thankful for a friend  (who is a repairman) could come and get it done for me and not charge me an arm and a leg for the work. 

I pray that tomorrow, I will get my content out sooner than I did this one today. And I hope you are having a really blessed day as well! Right now, I encourage you to stop reading this for a moment and just give thanks to our God and His love.

Have a wonderful day, Folks!































No comments:

Post a Comment

Do Not Retreat (step 7) part 24

  Step 7: Persevere Through Trials Without Retreating “The testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so ...