Thursday, June 27, 2019

Who Am I Lord......I Am Yours

"Who am I, O Lord God, and what is my family, that you have brought me this far?

It was a few years ago, that I asked that question one day of the Lord. We were attending a small church in our community. My husband and I and two of our sons. Our daughter was attending church in another state. Three of my children were serving the Lord in some way. It had been a somewhat crazy journey with the Lord in the years that followed our accepting him and prior to this day.. Many twists and turns had taken place. But here we had finally landed in a safe place with him.

I had not known that the scripture in 1 Chronicles 17:16 even existed before that day when I asked that question. I did not actually find it until sometime later.

Who am I Lord God, and what is my family, that you have brought me this far. 

I had asked pretty much the same question that the psalmist David did. Who am I that you have brought five of the six of us this far? Because, as I said, our lives had so many twists and turns in it, that I really wanted to know the answer to that question. I was just a regular person. Like everyone else just trying to survive while we had been raising our kids. Nothings special was I, that I knew for sure. Now we had our last two sons finishing up high school, and the four of us were involved in the things of the Lord. As was our daughter in her own church.

"Whom am I lord, that you have brought five of the six of us this far?"

I don't remember really getting an answer from the Lord that day. But the one thing that God showed me through reading his scripture was the fact, that he loved me. And though I didn't realize it then, I really was special.

Yesterday had been a productive yet tiring day in what we had been doing. Our neighbor had come down and chatted for awhile, with us as we rested on our front porch. Finally, I came inside and actually needed some quiet time to spend with God. And as I prayed, the song by 'Casting Crowns' came into my mind. So I pulled it up on my computer and listened to it as the words they sang sank into my weary spirit.

Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth,
would care to know my name,
would care to feel my hurt?
Who am I, that the bright and morning star,
would choose to the light the way,
for my ever wandering heart?

Not because of who I am,
But because of what you've done,
Not because of what I have done,
But because of who you are.

I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean,
A vapor in the wind,
Still you hear me when I am calling,
Lord you catch me when I am falling,
And you've told me who I am,
I am yours.

Quite a few years have passed since that day. Our family life has had even more twists and turns in it. But I stand on this side of that time, with an assurance of who I am and why God has brought my family as far as he had.

Because of who is he. Because of what he has done. That makes me his.

I am a flower quickly  fading. I am here now and only God knows when that will end. But knowing all I have learned, gives me a happiness beyond description that when this flower is gone, she will be with her Creator. Because while I am his, I know that he is also mine.

I would encourage you to listen to the full song by Casting Crowns, go to https://www.google.com/search?q=i+am+yours+casting+crowns&rlz=1C1JZAP_enUS844US844&oq=I+am+his+by+casting+&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0.12681


It is a peaceful song that allows you to worship God as you listen to it, knowing that you are his.Not because of who you are, but because of who he is. Not because of what you have done, but because of what he did. You are his.

June 27, 2019 Promise: It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassion does not fail. They are new every morning and great is his faithfulness. Lamentations 3:22

Hi Friends. Thanks for your visit today. And God's blessings to you and yours. 

The Horse Mafia on Instagram: “Thankful Thursday Blessings”



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Revelation 4:11 Jeremiah 10:6

  Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were cr...