Friday, December 28, 2018

Running the Race

She was young, mostly not streetwise, ignorant of the most things of the world, and had grown up in a home where church and God were an important part of life, She had been protected from some of the really bad things this world had to offer while growing up. Life had been one of topsy-turvey. A combination of both good and not so good.

life's problems wouldn't be called hurdles if there wasn't a way to get over themBut then she woke up one day at the age of 18, finding herself married to the perfect man....who was on his way to becoming an alcoholic. What is worse, he had only just over a couple years or so earlier (before they met), came home from war. She had no real experience with any of that. Her only knowledge of alcoholism was an aunt and uncle that were alcoholics and she stayed away from them for the most part. As for war, all she knew of it was her dad had fought in WW11 and he never talked about it.

Now she was at such a young age, with no other experience in those two areas, and was thrust into both worlds. For the next few years, she struggled with life and God and raising kids and depression....and on her list went. She had grown up in a dysfunctional family with a mother that had mental issues. Pretty serious ones. None of that had helped either.

If you have been following me for quite some time, you will know that was a picture of me many years ago. Thank God  He redeemed us from so much stuff that I could not begin relay to you on this blog because it is too private a thing for me to talk about with most people. And though it didn't happen overnight and life wasn't suddenly made perfect (and believe me it still isn't), his redeeming work in my life still goes on even today.

Because we are not perfect. There are still days when I am like every other Christian. I get down, I get sad. I sometimes get upset over something. But because of what happened at the cross and because I really had to come to terms with my own sin during those final years that we lived in such a mess, life has gradually gotten better to where I now look on those years and see how far God has brought us. And how much I have grown spiritually But not only that, am still growing. Because I am not perfect. And I won't be ever while I am alive on this earth. Not until I pass on or Jesus comes back will I be.

In the meantime, I can say that those years made me who I am today. And who is that? A forgiven, blood-bought with a price woman that truly loves God. Thankful for His redemption that has paid my ticket into the place (heaven) that I look forward to with great anticipation.

The apostle Paul said this towards the end of his life: "I have run the race. I have finished the course. I have kept the faith." 2 Timothy 4:7.

And because of that, he had gone on to say, "And from now on the crown of righteousness is laid up for me which the Lord, the righteous judge will award to me on that day-and not only to me but to all those that crave his appearing. 2 Timothy 4:8

Paul did not have a cozy life at all. And yet, he ran the race, finished the course, and knew without a doubt that his crown of righteousness was waiting for him in heaven to be awarded by his Lord and Savior.
RUN THE RACE: A SUPER SUNDAY SCHOOL LESSON FOR LEARNING HEBREWS 12:1 FROM THE BIBLE
I have not always been so faithful a servant. Obedient to a fault? Nope. Life had not dealt me an easy or perhaps even a fair hand.  But when my time comes, I pray that I can say, "I have run the race. I have finished the course. I have kept the faith."

Most everyone I know has not had an easy life in some way or another. But it is because of God's redeeming power, that we can receive that crown of righteousness someday and possibly very soon, from the One whose appearing we crave.

Joy is not where we've been, Joy is WHO 's waiting at the END.  2 Timothy 4:7-8 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.  #MARANATHA
Are you running the race to finish the course? Do you crave his reappearing? Will there be a crown of righteousness waiting for you at the end of it, to be awarded from Jesus? Our race is one against time as we contemplate how quickly this life passes and how soon life the as we know it on earth will end. It will be too late for some. Please do not make it too late for yourself. Run your race, finish it, and keep the faith. And that....is what life will finally boil down to.




         Thanks for your visit today Friends. I am honored you came. May God Bless you and yours!


End of Day Blessing~beautiful! this would be an awesome quote for the guest rooms in my forever place.














No comments:

Post a Comment

The Word of God Stands on its Own Merit: Romans 6 (part 2)

Read chapter 6 again for today: Paul made it clear that we as believers are not slaves to our sin. Granted, sometimes we struggle against it...