Saturday, August 29, 2020

Redeem Me!

Soul Redeem from SIN!!!
Consider my enemies, for they are many. And they hate me with cruel hatred. O keep my soul , and deliver me; let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee. Let integrity and unrighteousness preserve me for I wait for thee. Redeem Israel, O God, out of his troubles.Psalm 25:19-22

Hello Friends. If you read my post yesterday, you will have seen the mistake I made. I was getting ahead of myself, thinking that today was Sunday, and not Saturday. We all make mistakes, right? I learned to laugh at mine years ago when I realized that I am not alone. Yes, everyone does it. So that being said, I am going to go ahead with the same plan that I had yesterday. Just one day sooner.

Do you have a story? Most everyone does. Most everyone goes through some kind of  time in their life, when things are tough. And so I decided to find someone's story and add it to my blog today. What follows is Becky's Story. If you would like to visit it, please go to:Becky’s Story: My Epileptic Seizures Stopped — Stories of God's Grace

 Becky's Story: My Epileptic Seizures Stopped

Becky lives in Alabama. She experienced a childhood accident that caused her many physical, emotional and social difficulties for 30 years. But when she cried out to God, he poured his grace unto her and healed her. Here is her story.


The Day Everything Changed

One day when she was six years old, Becky went with her sister to ride their new horse. Her sister could ride very well, but Becky had never ridden a horse.Becky's sister helped her get up on the horses's back and she rode him around the field.

But as horses often do, he suddenly decided to head for the barn. As he barreled through a swing set that was made of wooden telephone poles, Becky was thrown from the horse and her head was slammed into one of the poles. Her sister helped her get back on the horse and Becky fell asleep.

The accident caused epilepsy, a condition Becky lived with for 30 years. According to WebMD in about 70 percent of epilepsy diagnoses, there is no known cause. In those cases that do have a clear cause, the known causes of seizure typically involves an injury to the brain. Other causes include low oxygen to the brain during birth, brain tumors, genetic conditions that result in brain injury, infections such as meningitis or encephalitis and stroke.


Becky's Seizures Become More Serious

In 2017, the international League Against Epilepsy renamed the types of epilepsy seizure to make the names more accurate, less confusing, and more descriptive of what is happening. The current classification describes where seizures begin in the brain, the level of awareness during a seizure and other features of seizures. 1 At first Becky had what were once called "petit mal seizures"(1). These seizures began in both sides of the brain at the same time.They began and end abruptly and are common in children.

Then Becky began having what used to be called "grand mal seizures." Now referred to as "tonic clonic seizures" they cause a person to lose conscience. The muscles stiffen and the body makes jerking movements.These seizures tend to last one to three minutes and take longer to recover from then the other types of seizures. 

God Heals and Saves

"That is when I knew I could not keep going on my own." Becky says. She recited the Psalm 23 for a week and prayed to God. "I asked him to save me and he did. He also healed me of the epilepsy, she says. Before Becky could drive an automobile, she had to be seizure free for five years. "The Lord took me through each day. I can now drive and do things that others are able to do." she says. She has not had a seizure for 36 years. "When God saved me, He made me a new person. He showed me that he is able to do what seems impossible."

My own thoughts on Becky's story

While it is an amazing story of hope and grace, and we can rejoice with her because it is nothing less then a miracle, it is not unique, Shes also includes the scripture in Mathew 4:23 and 24 where Jesus went through all of Galilee preaching and healing all that came to him with all kinds of diseases and sicknesses. 

But brought down from that time to now, he has and does heal now as then. He preforms in others, the miracles that he preformed for Becky. Because what he has done for others, he can do for you. And because with God, all things are possible. Mark 19:27



PRAISE JESUS!

Thanks for coming by today, Friends. I will be back tomorrow! Until then, 
God bless you!


Happy saturday









No comments:

Post a Comment

The Word of God Stands on it Own Merit Romans 8

  The Apostle Paul packed a lot of wonderful stuff into this chapter of Romans. It is one of my very favorite chapters in the whole Bible. B...