Saturday, August 1, 2020

Surrounded by God's Favor

Give ear to my words, O Lord, consider my mediation. Hearken to unto the voice, of my cry,my King and my God: for unto thee will I pray. My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O Lord, in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee and will look up. For thou are not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee. The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hates all workers of iniquity. Thou shall destroy all of them that speak lies: the Lord will abhor the bloody and deceitful man. But as for me, I will come into thy house in the multitude of thy mercy; and in thy fear will I worship toward thy holy temple. Lead me, O Lord in thy righteousness because of my enemies: make thy way straight before my face. For there is no faithfulness in their mouth; their inward part is very wickedness; their throat is an open sepulcher, they flatter with their tongue. Destroy them O God, let them fall by their own counsels, cast them out in the multitude of their transgressions; for they have rebelled against thee.  But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy: because thou defended them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee. For thou, O Lord will bless the righteous: with favor will thou compass him as with a shield. Psalm 5:1-12


Psalm 5:12 | Bible Verses



As David did so long ago, our prayers should rise to God first thing every morning. Like David, we so want God to hear them because we put our trust in him, unlike the wicked who doesn't want him.  And he will destroy them. Maybe not today or tomorrow, but in his own time, he will. 
Our prayers in the morning will set the tone for the day as we acknowledge him and unlike those that are wicked, he will guide and protect us. 


Today's Trivia Question  At Sampson's wedding, what riddle did he ask his male guests to solve?  Judges 12:12-14

Hello Friends. Thanks for your visit. May God go with you today and always!


#11644 Saturday Blessing Blessed Day Isaiah 55:8 KJV
























No comments:

Post a Comment

The Word of God Stands on it Own Merit Romans 8

  The Apostle Paul packed a lot of wonderful stuff into this chapter of Romans. It is one of my very favorite chapters in the whole Bible. B...