Saturday, April 17, 2021

The Joy of the Lord is my Strength: Nehemiah 8:10

 Hello Friends. Have you ever wondered what God is doing in your life, and why you go through the hard things that you do? 

In some ways, that is what has been going on in my life the past few days. Not that I haven't had hard times before, And my life these days, and its trouble have been nothing in comparison to some that I have been through at other times. I guess the difference is partly due to the fact that I am older now and for those that are older, life can be harder then ever because our health can get in our way.

And so that is where I am at. My heath is not as good at it used to be. And it takes a bit longer to get through the ups and downs of life. 

I know that God is working on my life though. It has been more and more evident in the last 2 or 3 years then I think ever before. Despite what I am feeling physically. 

One of my favorite verses in the bible is Psalm 30:5, because it promises that no matter what we are going through, we can have joy in the Lord.

I don't think God has been angry with me. And I haven't spent much time during this time, in tears. Although, I have cried out to him a couple of times for strength and help. Because life as it has been, will not last forever. In fact, he has answered those cries and given me what I have needed, as he has continued working for my greater good.

That scripture reminds me of how the friends and family of Jesus felt when he was hanging on the cross. He had taken the anger of God along with the sin of the world on himself. And but for a moment in time, he suffered for it. And so did they because they didn't  understand that the moment would not last forever. And their joy would return Eater morning when he burst out of that now empty tomb.

Believe me. I am not comparing my suffering with theirs. Mine is just a mini-spec compared to those that had actually walked with Jesus in person. 

But I think maybe the joy can be the same. Or if not, at least it can be measured in our own individual experience. If that makes sense.

However, the fact is, I am back on course, and ready once again to take on the challenges of the week and weeks ahead with the coming move that I mentioned the other day, and it is with great joy that I know that my God lives and he will see me to the end of it.

O sing unto the Lord a new song; for he hath done marvelous things: his right hand, and his holy arm, hath gotten him the victory. Psalms 98:1.

That is my song for today, because my joy has returned this morning.

Thanks for coming by today, Friends. I pray your joy lifts you up in Jesus, as no other can! 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 119:165

Psalm 119:165 Great peace have those who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble.     Peace. It's what we desire today, right? ...