Monday, July 15, 2024

1 Timothy 2:1-6



 I have heard the groanings lately coming from some of my family as well of course, of mainstream media and others about our next president and how many are now trying to get Biden out. Some in my family aren't even getting the whole picture but just listening to those on the left that don't tell the truth in the first place. And have stated that they will not vote for a convicted felon come November.

I am not on here today to try to convince anyone that Donald Trump is not a convicted felon. I don't believe he is since they have not proven any charge they have had against him. I think that his record speaks for itself but so doesn't the others in government that have committed crimes but have not been prosecuted.

However, again I am not here to argue about all that. Or to try and change your mind.

I am here to say to that it was an awful thing for people to go to an event in support of who they chose to vote for coming the next election, and then end up dying for it. Not only is it awful, but it is also a shameful tragedy. 

Not only for them. Not only for their families. And not only for our country. 

And it would be if it had happened at a Democrat event as well.

America seems to be going to the dogs as the world looks on and laughs at us. Maybe a more appropriate statement would be that America seems to be going to hell in a handbasket.

That is tragic. 

It is with that in mind, that I want to give you a few verses in 1 Timothy 2 to meditate on today.

I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;

2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Friends, we need to stop complaining, and instead get on our knees before a Holy God for not only the people around us, but for those in leadership. Our angry words-even if they are deserved-do nothing. Only God can change the hearts of men, through prayer.

In my opinion, we need to listen to both sides. To weigh what is said. To pray for God's wisdom. And to do what He leads us, instead of doing nothing while we are complaining. 

I read a comment on the internet recently. Someone said this:

"If you don't cast your vote in this election, then you don't have a right to complain about who is elected."

I am not telling anyone who to vote for. That is a right every individual gets to make under our Constitution. 

What I am saying is to listen to both sides. Pray for wisdom. Make informed decisions. Not out of anger. But out of prayer. 

And most of all, take this passage in Timothy at face value. Because all men need it. No matter rich or poor, people in authority, and just everyday people trying to live life the best way they can.  

We are all in need. God wants no one to perish but to come to Him.

Thanks for coming by Friends. Have a wonderful rest of your day

God bless!












No comments:

Post a Comment

2 chronicles 7;14

f my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I ...