Monday, July 29, 2024

Psalms 13





 13 How long wilt thou forget me, O Lord? for ever? how long wilt thou hide thy face from me?

How long shall I take counsel in my soul, having sorrow in my heart daily? how long shall mine enemy be exalted over me?

Consider and hear me, O Lord my God: lighten mine eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death;

Lest mine enemy say, I have prevailed against him; and those that trouble me rejoice when I am moved.

But I have trusted in thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in thy salvation.

I will sing unto the Lord, because he hath dealt bountifully with me.

💗💗💗

Have you ever asked God the question that David did in this passage? I know that I have. My prayers were more like, "How long will I suffer, Lord?" or "When will you answer me, Lord?" Or most recently, "How long before you come back to take us from this wicked world, Lord?"

But do you know what? There are many times, when my prayers seem to land in the deaf ears of God. 

But God's ears are not deaf. 

He hears the cries of those of us that love Him.

And like His people of old, that kept messing up, one day He will deliver you and I from this life and we will arrive at the land that is greater than the one that flowed with milk and honey in OT days. We will arrive at heaven's gate, (like so many before us) and enter into and forever dwell in His house, where He is preparing a room for us, right now. 

And until then?

We will trust in His mercy.

Rejoice in our salvation.

And sing to our Lord. 

Have a wonderful, blessed day, my Friends. 

Remember....

God is good all the time,

and all the time,

God is good!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

2 chronicles 7;14

f my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I ...