Thursday, August 29, 2019

Who Is The Angel Of The Lord? (Jacob's stories)

Aert de Gelder - Jacob's Dream

Jacob had three visits from the angel of the Lord. They can be found in:Genesis 31:11-13, Genesis 32:24-30, Genesis 48:15-16.

Genesis 31:11-13 "Then the angel of God said to me in a dream, 'Jacob' and I said, 'Here I am!'  And he said, 'Lift up and see, all the goats that mate with the flock are striped, spotted and molten, for I have seen all that Laban is doing to you. I am the God of Bethel, where you anointed a pillar and made a vow to me. Now arise and go out from this land and return to the land of your kindred.'"

Genesis 32:24:30 "So Jacob was left alone, and a man wrestled with him until daybreak. When the man saw that he could not overpower him, he touched the socket of Jacob's hip so that his hip was wrenched as he wrestled with the man. Then the man said, 'Let me go, for it is daybreak.' But Jacob replied, 'I will not let you go until you bless me.' The man asked him, 'What is your name?' 'Jacob.' He answered. Then the man said, 'Your name will no longer be Jacob, but Israel because you have struggled with God and humans and have overcome.' Jacob said, 'Please tell me your name.' But he replied, 'Why do you ask my name?' Then he blessed him there. So Jacob called the place Peniel, saying, 'It is because I saw God face to face and yet my life was spared.'"

Genesis 48:15-16 "Then he blessed Joseph and said, 'The God before whom my fathers Abraham and Isaac walked with the God who has been my Shepard all my life long to this day, the angel who has redeemed me from all evil, bless the boys; and in them let my name be carried on; and the name of my fathers Abraham and Isaac; and let them grow into a multitude in the midst of the earth. 

The question on my mind for today is, what do these passages mean in reference to the angel of the Lord and Jacob? Tomorrow, I will try to be back with some answers for you. Until then my friends, have a blessed day!

August 30, 2019 Promise: He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters. Psalm 23:2


friday blessings/instagram | Good Morning Friday Blessings Pictures, Photos, and Images for ...














No comments:

Post a Comment

Another: Who Was He?

In yesterday's post, we saw that Augr was the son of Jakeh. But then we must ask, who was Jakeh? Well, I could not find much information...