Thursday, August 8, 2019

Proverbs 3:1-2

Quotes God Faith Scriptures Peace 27+ Ideas For 2019

My son, do not forget my teaching, but keep my commandments in your heart, for they will prolong you life for many years, and bring peace and prosperity. Proverbs 3:1-2

How many times have you imparted wisdom to your children? If you have taught them how to look before crossing the street, or if you have taught them to save money. Or if you have even made sure they have healthy diets as they grow.

These are just a few of the ways we teach wisdom to our children.

That is what Solomon was writing about in Proverbs. He wanted his son to never forget the things that he taught him. Because Solomon, being a faithful servant of God, was himself very wise.

Sometimes in our dealings of life, we don't always make good decisions. Sometimes we make them for the wrong reasons and end up regretting them.

My own father gave me some advice when I was a teenager. He told me not to do something. But because I wanted something badly enough, I did not listen to his advice and I came to find out that he had been right. I had made a bad choice and I suffered the consequences for many years.

We need to know how to make choices according to God and his word. But how do we do that?

James 1:5 says, if anyone lacks wisdom, to ask it of God because God gives it generously without finding fault.

If we do that, and follow God's commandments, they bring us peace, prosperity and long life instead of heartache, sadness, poverty and even death.

Some of us do not learn it very early in our life, going years without God's blessing. Believe me. I know. But God is faithful and there is always possibility for change. No matter what season we are in, in our life. As we ask God for his wisdom instead of the worlds, we can count on him to give it to us generously.

August 8, 2019 Promise: In God, whose word I praise, in the Lord whose word I praise, in God . I trust and am not afraid. What can man do to me? Psalm 56:10-11

Hello Friends. Thanks for coming by! God bless your day!


*12622* Thursday Blessing~~J~ Isaiah 41:13 KJV




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Another: Who Was He?

In yesterday's post, we saw that Augr was the son of Jakeh. But then we must ask, who was Jakeh? Well, I could not find much information...