Saturday, August 31, 2019

Who Is The Angel Of The Lord (Jacob's stories)

Yesterday, I gave you the three scripture passages that told us of Jacob's encounters with the angel of the Lord. In Genesis 31:11-13, he has a dream about goats and God told him to go back to his family. In Genesis 32:24-30, he has a physical encounter with the angel of the Lord. And then in Genesis 48:15-16, Jacob blessed Joseph and his sons and although this does not give us a clear picture of an encounter he had with the angel of the Lord, he does mention him as "the God before whom my fathers  Abraham and Isaac walked, the God who has been my Sheppard all my life long to this day, the angel who has redeemed me from all evil...." and so my question was what do these passages mean in reference to the angel of the Lord and Jacob.

I am afraid that I bit off more then I can chew. I honestly have to tell you, that I would have to do more of a in-depth study on this to get some answers to that question.  And honestly, I just do not have the time at this point to put into it. So I am going to have to leave us wondering for now on the stories of Jacob and the angel of the Lord and go on to the next one tomorrow which will be Moses. I hope we can learn something about his encounter with the angel of the of the Lord.

I apologize for not being able to find out more about Jacob's encounters with him and hope you will come back tomorrow. In the meantime, thanks for coming by and I pray your day is blessed!

August 31, 2019 Promise: He refreshes my soul. He leads me along the right paths for his name's sake.


Monna Ellithorpe-Author -“Happiness can only be achieved by looking inward & learning to enjoy whatever life has and this requires transforming greed into gratitude.” -John Chrysostom







No comments:

Post a Comment

Another: Who Was He?

In yesterday's post, we saw that Augr was the son of Jakeh. But then we must ask, who was Jakeh? Well, I could not find much information...