Friday, October 11, 2024

Psalms 3:1-3

 



 Lord how are they increased that trouble me! many are they that rise up against me.

Many there be which say of my soul, There is no help for him in God. Selah.

But thou, O Lord, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.

Q Who were David's enemies? A 

None other than his own son Absalom. 

Whom we see in 2 Samuel 15 that he had put together an army to overthrow David's throne.

How awful for him that his son was doing this to him. And thinking about it, have any of us, in our own families had something similar happen to us? Even if it was on a much smaller scale.

I have seen it within my own family. And in one example, it was a teenager. Which was rebelling like most teens do. But this person actually turned her wrath on her father.

And in another, my brother due to drug and alcohol abuse tried stealing from our elderly father, until I found out and stopped it through an attorney. 

In King David's case though, he went into hiding from his son. However, David knew God. And knew God would protect him. 

When we find ourselves in trouble, grief, or depressed, like David we can run to our God who will protect us from the enemy that wants to overtake us.  

He promises us that He will be never leave or forsake us. And we can count on His Shield of protection, always. 

Today I am ever so thankful for the protection He gave so many of us during the Milton Hurricane. It is a bright sunny day from my window as I look out and watch the birds and squirrels eating the food I have put out for them. It's wonderful to see the gray skies are gone after not seeing the sun for the last several. 

However, I do not forget that this a blessing many will see, and many will not see. The hurricanes that have devasted the lives of many and all that goes with it. Why God allows such things to be destroyed when others are not, I do not know.

Other than, He is a just God. And it is just for Him to know and us to trust. Because at the beginning of our days to the end of our days, He is also good. 

Thanks for coming by, Friends. God Bless your day. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Isaiah 25:1

O Lord, thou art my God; I will exalt thee, I will praise thy name; for thou hast done wonderful things; thy counsels of old are faithfulnes...