Friday, September 28, 2018

Q & A What Does it Mean to Be the Apple of God's Eye?

Carollo_AppleGodsEye_meme_ver2

Back when our 4 children were growing up, we had 4 apple trees in our backyard. 
They were a wonderful thing to have to help supply our family with this fruit not only for that reason but because raising 4 kids on a budget....well you know, it can be expensive. And the apples themselves were delicious as I used them in so many ways in my cooking. Not only that, but the peelings were not even wasted when not eaten because, at the time, we also had 4 4-H hogs that enjoyed them as well!

And so what does it mean that we are the apple of God's eye?

David, the Psalmist said, " Keep me in the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings" Psalm 17:8

In Deuteronomy 32:10, God related his care of Isreal to Moes in this way, "In a desert land, he found him, in a barren and howling waste. He shielded him and cared for him, he guarded him as the apple of his eye."

God's people, the Israelites were rebellious and stiff-necked, (Ummm...who does that sound like? Perhaps all of humanity?) But, he loved them and did see them as the apple of his eyes. He cared for them and even when they were disobedient, he never stopped cherishing them.

And just as God loved them his love is as Christ loves us. Like any godly parent who loves, protects, guides and disciplines their children, he loves, protects and guides and disciplines us as well.

And so, the next time you bite into that juicy, sweet apple that tastes so good, remember that God looks at you like he did the Israelites o old and remember the following:


:

Comforting God. Protective God. Loving God.  ☝




I am so sorry that I could not get online yesterday to get a blog posted. As I explained on a short one last night, I did go out of town. So I apologize for not getting here. I hope you enjoy my post today and if you haven't seen your self before as the apple of God's eye, or just had never thought of it as being that to him, do it now because just between you and me....you really are!


Thanks for coming by and please come back tomorrow when our next post will be: Resisting Temptation. Just how can I do that? Blessings to all today, Friends!




Friday blessings














No comments:

Post a Comment

Post update

 Hello Friends. I am taking a couple days off. Including yesterday and today.  I will be back tomorrow. Thanks for coming by.  Take care and...