Friday, February 9, 2018

Remind the devil of his future!

Look at your past life quotes quotes quote inspirational quotes best quotes quotes about moving on quotes to live by quotes for facebook…



Forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:13-14
                        
Are you holding on to things in the past that you feel guilty or ashamed about? Not easy to forget them is it? I think we all have things we would like to forget but we can't because until Jesus comes back, the memory of them are burned into our brains. And so how can we forget them as scripture prompts us to? I don't know if you know who Carmen is. And I mean the Carmen that is a contemporary Christian singer. Anyway, he has said many times: When the devil reminds you of your past, remind him of his future. Granted it is not easy to forget some of those things and so what do we do instead. We should immediately remind Satan of his future and then begin to think on scripture. Like the one above, and then truly press on to the higher calling of God.  (And that may be your job, or taking care of your family, or reading your bible, or whatever it is that God has called you to in this life) And then this one: Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Philippians 4:8  And how about this one: We love him because he first loved us. 1 John 4:19 And personalize that last verse to say: I love him because he first loved me.  If we center our thoughts on God alone we really can forget what we were feeling about the past and go on with what is more important. Before I knew many of the bible scriptures as I have here and many others I found it helpful to print different ones on those recipe cards you can buy and then tape them in places where I would see them. I even had them taped not only on the outside but the inside of my kitchen cabinets. It helped not only in reminding me of the things I wanted God to remind me of but also as I would see them I would begin to learn them and get them into my heart. Another way I learned them was by the scripture praise songs that have been written. What a wonderful way of loving God, by singing his word to him! No, forgetting the past entirely is pretty much impossible. Especially, when we don't let go of it. But we can forget it by doing these few things for the moment and then again when it tries to pop its ugly head up again. Satan hates that and we need to remind him of where his future is because that isn't ours! Amen!



Joke of the day   

Rapture on April 1                                                                                                                                                      More



Thought for the day:
Those we love don't go away,
they walk beside us every day.
Unseen, unheard,
but always near.
So loved, so missed,
so very dear.


Friends, I trust that you are benefiting from the things that I have been writing every day and pray you will come back tomorrow for more of God's Word.  Take time for Him every day and He will take time for you. Be blessed and take time to bless others!


???? Want more? inspirational quotes, prayers, Bible verse, and blessings? http://prayables.org/sign-get-blessed-ings/?utm_content=bufferf7162&utm_medium=social&utm_source=pinterest.com&utm_campaign=buffer



  

2 comments:

The Word of God Stands on its Own Merit: Romans 6 (part 2)

Read chapter 6 again for today: Paul made it clear that we as believers are not slaves to our sin. Granted, sometimes we struggle against it...