Saturday, April 7, 2018

Can God Really Use Broken People?


Yet all thes men were used for His glory ~My grace is sufficient; 2 Corinthians 12:9 ~


Today's text: Isaiah 6:1-13

Was there ever a time in your life when you didn't have enough self-confidence that you felt that God couldn't or wouldn't use you?  Maybe you felt you had to get your life just so-so before he would use you. I have felt these things before. In fact, there was even a time when I did not even think he loved me at all because I wasn't living up to his standards.

Take a look at the list above.Could you put your name there with some of these same problems or sins? I know that there are several I could list with my name. And no doubt, a few more that are not listed there.

And yet God used every one of these people to do great things for him. Are we any different?

The thing is, God is not looking for perfect people to do his perfect will. He can use anyone that is willing to say to him, "Here I am Lord, send me."

 Back in Isaiah's day, God wanted someone to go to his people and preach to them and so he asked, "Who will go?" He needed a volunteer that would be willing to take on that commission.

Isaiah had felt that he wasn't fit to do what God was asking.He told the Lord that he was a man of unclean lips and this made him ashamed. But God forgave Isaiah's sin and once his sins were forgiven,  he was ready to go. And he told God "Here I am Lord, send me."

Has God ever asked you to do something that you felt you weren't qualified for? Just as with Isaiah God has a commission for each one of us. That is why missionaries go to different countries to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ. However, not everyone is called to do that. Your mission field may be your own family.Or it might be in your neighborhood.  And when he calls us, to whatever it might be, he will equip us with whatever we need to do what he is asking. If there is sin in our lives, all we have to is ask him to forgive us.And he can then prepare us for whatever it is he wants done.No matter how many things on that list or any other list, we can identify with. The important thing is, when God asks for volunteers, we should be willing to say, "Here I am Lord, send me."



Life Lessons
Cartoons Archives | Christian Funny Pictures - A time to laugh







By dying Jesus destroyed our death. And by rising again He restored our life. Thank You Lord for paying the price we couldn't pay so that we could be with You forevermore.


Have a wonderful Lords Day folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2 chronicles 7;14

f my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I ...