Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Do You Need to Be Heard?




People start to #heal the moment they feel heard. Need some healing today? www.ThriveFamilyServices.com


There was mental illness in past generations in my family. It still goes on through the present.  It ran /still runs from depression, and manic-depression to suicide. And everything in between. In my own family, it ran rampant for a number of years. And somewhere along the way, I picked up on the stigma that came from it. You didn't want others to know about it. Even among Christians, it was taboo.  Keep it hidden because what would others think? And even though for many years I could have benefited from it, and I did not get it.For years I was left floundering without any help. And it is only through the grace of God that I am here at all.

The question is this as far as I am concerned. Which is better, to get help when someone needs it or wait until they are on the brinking point where there is no return? 

Well, the answer to that question is (hopefully) it is better to get help.All too often, people are at the point of no return.

Granted, one does not go to just any therapist. Someone needing therapy should seek out a Christian. Someone they can trust. Someone that has their interests at heart. someone that will listen, really hear them and advise them on how they can deal with their situation. Someone that can pray with them and help them spiritually. Until they feel they are being heard by someone, they will probably not get better. Not to say it can't happen. I did not get it, and I did get better. And our family dynamic did change. However, not without going through much pain, many years and more importantly God. He did make the difference.

If you need help, please get it. It can be dangerous to put it off until it destroys you. Because after all, that is what the devil is trying to do to you through it. John 10:10 Depend on God to supply you with someone that you can trust to help you. I wish I had had someone like that. It might have chipped off a few years that had been so destructive. But I do praise him that he got me through them. He is ever faithful.

Visit the post for more.





There was a very gracious lady who was mailing an old family Bible to her brother in another part of the country.
“Is there anything breakable in here?” asked the postal clerk.
“Only the Ten Commandments”, answered the lady.




Thanks for your visit today Friends. Have a wonderful day or night, wherever you are. Be blessed and bless others! And I hope you come back tomorrow!



“If only you could sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; how important you can be to people you may never even dream of. There is something of yourself that you leave at every meeting with another person.” –Fred Rogers








No comments:

Post a Comment

2 chronicles 7;14

f my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I ...