Friday, April 13, 2018

Teach Us to Number Our Days Lord!

Good Morning from Trinity, Texas Today is Tuesday January 14, 2014 Day 14 on the 2014 Journey  Make It A Great Day, Everyday! Gain a Heart of Wisdom  Today's Scriptures: Psalm 90:12 (New King James Version) So teach us to number our days,That we may gain a heart of wisdom.

Looking back over my life, I know that I have wasted a lot of time on menial things. There are days when I have wished for some of them back so that I could do them over and perhaps do them better. As young people, I don't think we often look ahead and realize that at some point we will have regrets and wish we had done things differently. We live for the moment, or the day. Often just trying to get through them with no thought of what will be in the future. I remember how much my two youngest sons used to fight and argue with each other and it used to drive me crazy because they were relentless. At those times, I used to think how glad I would be when they would be grown up and those times would be gone.Not that I wanted them gone. Just all their fighting.

Well, they are gone now. Removed by quite a few years. And now I look back and wish I could go back and have them at home, fighting or not. I had not appreciated my time with them while I had them. At least not as much as I should have. And that goes for all 4 of my kids. I lived in the moment each day, just to get through it without thought for a time to come when I would wish those moments back.

God does not want us to live in regret, however. And I could waste my time now each day regretting those years and forgetting to just be thankful to God for all he has done for me. And not doing what he wants me to do now. At this time of my life. He has things for me to do and if I am always looking to the past, I will be no better at doing what he wants, as what I was when I kept looking to the future.

At some point, we will all get to the end of our lives and what will be in our minds then?Have we foolishly wasted it on things that are not important? Or can we honestly say we did all we could to do what God asked and wanted of us?

Psalms 90:12 says "Teach us to number our days." But I need to personalize that so that God would teach me to number my days because I do not want to get to the end of my life and have to then stand before God and tell him why I wasted so many of them. I know God forgives me for my past mistakes. He already has. Now I need to remember to not only live for today but do what he wants me to do. For today, and tomorrow and for every day for however many, I have left. And do it to the best of my ability  Because we have no guarantee of how many of those we still have.

Maybe, like me, you are forgetting to live wholly for God and appreciate every moment he has given you. Sometimes it is easy to do. But I encourage you to learn to do just the opposite of what I did so that you will not one day regret that you didn't do the things you should have. Life is too fleeting. It is as sands slipping down through an hourglass, and we really do need to appreciate all that we have and live for God the best we can, every day of our lives.


                                                                 Cartoon of the day
The Lord will never give you more than you can handle. | Christian Funny Pictures - A time to laugh





                                                           Thought for the day
What Is Your Price? | Chasing Sacred | Daily Devotionals by Mikella Van Dyke





I am glad you stopped by today Friends. I hope you will join me again tomorrow. In the meantime, have a blessed day and be sure to pass it on to someone else!


Happy Saturday !













No comments:

Post a Comment

2 chronicles 7;14

f my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I ...