Thursday, April 12, 2018

Christian Dating and What You Should Not Do





As a teenager many years ago, a wise man who also happened to be my father, would quote 2 Corthianians 6:14 which warns Christians not to be unequally yoked with unbelievers. There is a very good reason that scripture is in the bible. If you obey it, it can save you from a lot of heartaches. Despite my dad's warnings, not to mention what that scripture says, I learned the hard way, the truth in it. I think back over my dating years and thank God that I did not end up with some of the guys that I had dated. And I did marry a man that was on the road to alcoholism and a lot of heartache for me for the next 15 years.

I thought I could change him. And that was a lie from the devil that talked me into becoming yoked with him. Only the Holy Spirit can change a person. People should never marry with the idea that they can change their mate.

It is my personal belief that dating is not for kids. I think the reason for dating someone, is that the person is a potential mate and in dating, that is how the couple gets to know each other. To find out if they are right for each other.

If out of a couple there is only one believer, that person may think they can change the other person.
And what usually happens is that they end up becoming much like the unbeliever and being taken down to the same level. For anyone that is dating out there, take my word for it. Better yet take that verse for all it is worth. So you won't be sorry. Marriage is hard enough for 2 people that love God. Why marry someone that doesn't and therefore make it worse.

 Praise God, things did turn out for the good for me. But it took a lot of years of being miserable to get to that point. I certainly discourage young people on this very thing. I lived for too long in too much pain to not at least try to tell people my experience, to someone that might make my mistake.God can take a bad marriage and make it good. But the bible also says we reap what we sow. So if we are disobedient in that area, yes God can bring good of it. But we may have to go through some hard things before he does.And so why go the hard way, if you can avoid that kind of heartache.
Believe me, you won't be sorry if you obey God's word on it. I know I wish that I would have.



That'll be my sign ❤



                                                               Cartoon of the Day
   Crazistan | Know The Craziest Keep an eye on about celebrity gossips, fashion trends, social and political news, sports happenings and latest technology trends.Hottest Crazistan News  Visit our Website: crazistan.com Follow Us On Facebook: @crazistan Follow Us on Twitter: @_crazistan_ Follow Us on Instagram: @crazistan Subscribe our YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGyQnhQV4SVPud6ikOwAtgw  #crazy #entertainment #news #latest #celebrity #gossips #art  #fashion #trends #social #political #trending #news #sports #happenings #technology #trends #crazistan



Thanks for your visit today. Take care and........






No comments:

Post a Comment

2 chronicles 7;14

f my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I ...