Friday, May 11, 2018

What does fear have to do with it?



Fears


What does fear have to do life? It can hit us at any time, in any place. But why do we allow it and how can we stop it?

I remember as an 8-year-old child, going to bed at night and as I laid there, each night, I would look up at the ceiling because I was afraid it would catch on fire. Where had it come from? I don't know. Probably from some tv show I had seen. Or something I had heard from someone. But it was real to me and it made me afraid.

I am not sure when I grew out of that fear. Eventually, I did stop watching the ceiling. But in my life, there has been an onslaught of many different types of fears that came along to take its place.

The next fear that I can remember was that I would never marry. No one would ever want me. That one didn't last too long. I met and married my husband, whom I am still married to, at the age of 18. I was afraid then that I would not be able to have children, so instead of taking the time to really know my husband in a marital sense, I got pregnant right away. And had 3 more children after that.

As my life went on, more serious fears came along. Fear has not been easy to overcome. And I am not here to tell you I have overcome it and have gotten perfect about it. But I am here to tell you that we can know that God is there to help us when we are afraid of something.

Granted and thankfully, I have never been put in a situation as some have. People like the 3 young ladies that were abducted in Cleveland and held hostage there for years by a madman. What must they have gone through all those years? And after they were finally freed, what have they gone through in the years that have followed? I can say I can only imagine. But I can't even say that. I can't imagine. And personally, I never hope to.

As we know, there are millions of examples of all kinds of things that people have gone through that I cannot compare my experiences too. So what have I got to complain about?  And yet, there are still times I can be afraid.

And so it is those times, I need to dwell on God and what he says to me about fear.


  1.   The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior that saves. Zephaniah 3:17
  2. So do not fear, for I am w do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
    I will strengthen you I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10
  3. The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.” Exodus 14:14      
The bible has a lot to say about fear. In fact, according to cbn.com, there are 365 scriptures that contain the words Fear Not.  That is one for every day of the year. And if when going through a fearful situation in something, I think if we meditate (and I mean really mediate) on at least one of them, it would help us get through whatever we are going through. But do we do that? If God is bigger then all our fears, can we not trust him to get us through? Why meditate on the fear instead of letting God work it out?   

As I said, I can't even imagine the horrors that some people have gone through in their lives. I do know that many have survived because of their trust in God. They have leaned upon him and he has pulled them through. No matter how hard, or what was happening at the time.. They acknowledged his power to deliver them and kept believing he would. I desire that kind of faith. How about you? 


   I know that groove well. . . He has had to drag me kicking and screaming a couple times ;)    



  





Thanks for your visit today Friends. Have a blessed day!


Little Church Mouse .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post update

 Hello Friends I wanted to let you know that I am not going to be posting for a few days. I plan to be back on Sept 10th.  Thank you for you...