Thursday, May 31, 2018

What is in a Day? (part 2)






Arguing With Your Child? Five Things You Shouldn’t Do By James Lehman, MSWParent child communication can be difficult and arguing with kids can occur. Learn about five things you should avoid for effective communication with kids.





     Humor illustration of a woman with messy hair and a stressed or frustrated facial expression, isolated on white
There have been times in my life that I just want to scream. How about you?



So, I had a perfect day on May 8th, 2018. Do you really believe that? Let me give you a more realistic summery of that day. This is really what happened. (Ok, this is made up, but it could have happened somewhere.)

6:00 am  Alarm clock goes off.*&%*#! "Shut up you stupid clock! Couldn't you have waited another half hour for a change?" I reset the alarm for 5 minutes and then 5 minutes after that until 30 minutes later, I bounced out of bed, ready for the day. Not!!! No, I grudgingly crawled out of bed, still half asleep. And wishing I could stay and not get up.
I splashed some water on my face and finally get to the kitchen to make breakfast for the kids. Ok, I didn't really make anything. I set bowls, spoons, the milk and a couple boxes of cereal out on the table so they can get it themselves, and I head for the living room to maybe catch a few more winks. 
6:30 No such luck, here comes hubby still half asleep himself %$^&* ( albeit a bit quieter) He says to me, Where is my blue dress shirt. I need it for today." Uh, oh. I had forgotten to wash and iron it. Now he was going *(&^$#! Instead of getting up to help him find another shirt, I sit there. Who wants to be around helping that grump? A couple minutes later, the kids start arguing about who is getting the cereal that is the most sugary in their eyes. I don't have the energy to yell at them, but I do my best.
7:15 They are still fighting but at least I did get another wink or two. Hubby left without even a "see ya tonight." What is with that man?
7:25 the kids go upstairs and get dressed in clothes that look like they were worn at least a couple of times without being washed first. I yell at them to change into some clean clothes. (If they find any)All the while they are grumbling at this atrocity. 

7:45 Oh no, the bus is here already. "Come on kids! She is going to leave without you." They run into the room and I hand them lunch money and off they go. At least they made it. 

8:00 I look around the house to see what needs to be done. It is a mess. The boys beds unmade and toys all over their floors. Ugh. I will do my bible study and prayer before I go to bed tonight. I am just too tired.  And now, I need a nap. I am exhausted. 

Well, you get the idea. Jane takes a long nap and when the kids get home from school, she hadn't done much at all. Chris needed help with his homework. And she brushed him off. When hubby comes home, he sits in front of the tv. He is tired as well. About 6, he finally asks Jane what is for dinner. She says she didn't get anything out of the freezer, so she orders pizza to be delivered. They are too tired to go to church and the boys have been arguing pretty much stop since they got home over the most minute things. So they skip. Hubby barely says goodnight at 9 and goes to bed. Jane fell asleep on the couch, not keeping to her earlier commitment to doing her prayer and study time after all. She finally makes to bed sometime during the night and at 6 am, the clock goes off and it starts all over.

Does any of this sound familiar in your home? Maybe not quite like this but still the arguing,  the tension, the lack of communication. Maybe you are in a situation where you and your spouse both have to work. Maybe you have little children that need your time and attention, Maybe your children are acting out just to get it. And what about the single parent that has to do it all by themselves, without the help of anyone else.
Life is hard for sure. Most of us have gone through some of these things at some point in our lives. Some are going through them now.

Maybe you have some of these problems in your life. Maybe they aren't quite as bad. Or maybe they are worse.  

Unfortunately, these scenarios and many more are played out in our families every day. In Christian homes as well as non-believers homes. 

So what are we to do? Are there any viable answers to get us on a better track in our home life? 

Come back tomorrow for part 3. In the meantime, have a wonderful and blessed day/night!

.. God's blessings on you and me too! Thank you Father God.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post update

 Hello Friends I wanted to let you know that I am not going to be posting for a few days. I plan to be back on Sept 10th.  Thank you for you...