Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Jeremiah 29:11-14

 




11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

12 Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.

13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

14 And I will be found of you, saith the Lord: and I will turn away your captivity, and I will gather you from all the nations, and from all the places whither I have driven you, saith the Lord; and I will bring you again into the place whence I caused you to be carried away captive.

๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–

A pastor I watch on YouTube has said, "If you want to hear from the Lord, read the Bible. If you want to hear from Him audibly, read it out loud." 

We want to hear from the Lord, don't we? We want to hear from his audible voice at times. And yet, what this pastor said was true. We can hear him both ways because He has already given it to us. 

Thats not to say that we can't hear Him speak audibly in and of just Himself. But I think those times are rare.

More often than not though, this is how we hear from Him: When we read His word silently or out loud, these are the ways we hear what He wants us to know.

Jeremiah 29:11-14 is a wonderful gift to us from God. He does have a plan for us. Thoughts of peace and not the evil of this world. Thoughts that at the end of our time, we will go to be with Him. Thoughts of knowing that He will be found in us and be gathered to Him.

Is this not a hope we can carry within us? Is it not a prayer that we can read or even learn so that we can mediate on it in good times and bad? 

Carry it in your heart. Repeat it to yourself. Silent or out loud. And know that it is God speaking to you. 

Thanks for coming by today, Friends. May God pour out His blessing on you today!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Who Was He?

We could spend a lifetime studying the Bible and never understand it all, and always learning new things. That's what I thought when I f...