Thursday, August 29, 2024

Psalm 143




 For the enemy hath persecuted my soul; he hath smitten my life down to the ground; he hath made me to dwell in darkness, as those that have been long dead.

Therefore is my spirit overwhelmed within me; my heart within me is desolate.

Psalm 143:3-4

💗💗💗

David's enemies have forced him to hide in caves to be safe from those that wanted to kill him. He may have thought God had left him. Why would He make David go through this? Did he feel hopeless? Forgotten?
Did his prayers go unheard by a loving God?

Have you ever felt this kind of despair in your life? 
Forgotten. Hopeless. Unheard.

Sometimes we can go through some great pain and feel God has left us. Betrayed us. 
But are those times, when we need Him the most.
When we need to trust Him the most.
Because He has told us:

 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” 

       Deuteronomy 31:16



He does hear us. He has not forgotten us. 
And he will help us in our times of need.
Just as He did David.

Thanks for coming by today, my Friends. Have a blessed day!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Who Was He?

We could spend a lifetime studying the Bible and never understand it all, and always learning new things. That's what I thought when I f...