Saturday, April 25, 2020

John's Account/Questions

Bible Questions Answered by GotQuestions.org! Fast and accurate answers to all your Bible Questions!

We find that John's account of the death and Resurrection is also different from the rest of the disciples. Why? I do not know, but here are the questions that come up for me in his account.


Why didn't John mention the Last Supper, but instead started off with Jesus praying in the garden?

Jesus knew who they had come for. Himself. So why did he ask them who they were looking for?

Why did they fall backwards when Jesus said that he was who they were seeking?

Simon Peter was the disciple that John said had cut off the ear of the high priest's servants ear? Why didn't the others mention who had actually done this?

Why didn't John mention the fact that Judas had sold Jesus out?

Why was Pilate insisting that Jesus was innocent of all the charges being brought against him, in John's account?

If Jesus was innocent of the charges, why did Pilate allow him to be punished and then ultimately give him over to be crucified anyway?

Why did John not mention the fact that someone else helped Jesus carry his cross to Golgotha?

Why does John's account not mention the fact that Jesus was asking a disciple to look after his mother Mary?

Who was this disciple?

Why did John's account only mention the breaking of the legs of the others that hung on the cross that day?

Why was a spear thrust into the side of Jesus, and was not mentioned in the other accounts?

Why was Mary Magdalene the only one mentioned in John's account when she went to the tomb that morning?

Why didn't Mary Magdalene know who Jesus was when he appeared to her?

Why did John mention the fact that Peter saw the linen clothes and the folded head napkin? Why weren't they laying together and was it important?

Why did Thomas doubt that Jesus had risen from the grave? Why did he need proof?

At the end of John's account, he wrote this: Many are the signs truly did Jesus in the presence of the disciples that are not written in this book....will we ever get to know the rest of them?


Hello Friends. Next time I will have looked for questions we might want to know from Acts 1.
And then after that, I will go back to those that came up starting with Mathew, and try to start answering them. Please understand, I am not a bible scholar, nor do I pretend to be. The answers I find, will  have been researched before I present them to you, and I will provide links to where I find them. I hope you will come back so that we can learn together. Thanks for coming and have a blessed day.

God-always-bless-you






No comments:

Post a Comment

2 chronicles 7;14

f my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I ...