Wednesday, September 25, 2024

2 Corinthians 4:9-10




And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.  2 Corinthians 12-9-10

The Apostle Paul was not having an easy life when he penned this passage. He had been killing Christians until he had encountered Jesus on the road to Damascus one day. 

But Jesus had another plan for Paul. And it wouldn't be an easy one. One that would secure a place for him in heaven.

Now he was commissioned to preach the gospel. 

Not only in his own back yard, but in other countries as well. 

And despite the troubles he encountered, it is counted unto him that many people also found mercy from God and would go to heaven, as well.

During this time of trouble, he knew without a doubt that it was God's grace that was getting him through all of what he was encountering.

Can you and I believe that at this time in our lives. As the world gets darker and darker?

If all we have is God, He is all we need. For His mercy endures forever. They are new to us every morning. And His faithfulness is so great, that it will get us through our darkest hour.  Laminations 3:22-23

Yes, His grace is sufficient for us. No matter what stress, persecutions or weakness we are going through. Either now, or in the future.

We can depend on it.

Thanks for coming by, Friends. May you feast today at the table of God's Word and be satisfied.

God bless you!















No comments:

Post a Comment

Levites from Nehemiah 9

Good morning, Friends As promised from yesterday's post, I found some information about the Levites of Nehemiah 9. Take a look at what i...