Saturday, September 14, 2024

Proverbs 30:7-9



Two things have I required of thee; deny me them not before I die:

Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me:

Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the Lord? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain.

This prayer is the only one recorded in the book of Proverbs. 

 Who was praying it? I don't know and so I plan try to find out and post it in tomorrows blog. 

However, he was thinking of the time of his own death. and was asking God to help him stay away from anything that would interrupt his relationship to Him. And he also was asking God for his own daily needs. Not his needs for tomorrow, or next week. But for that day.

I saw on YouTube again this week where in Kennth Copelands church, he is very proud of the fact that he is and likes "being very rich."  Jesse Duplantis has said that if Jesus came today, he would probably not be riding a donkey. He would be driving something much more expensive.

These "supposed men of God," sicken me. 

Because they were the type of men that the person in the above prayer was asking God not to let him become. 

They distort the gospel of Christ. They lie and they steal. And if that isn't enough, they are leading so many others away from Christ and straight for a place called hell. 

Now please don't get me wrong. I don't believe it is a sin to have money and even be rich. However, if you are doing what those men as well as many others do, to get rich, well then that is what is wrong. Deadly wrong.

Friends, the greed in these people will be their downfall at some point. I do not want to be counted with them in my life. 

I ask you, how about yourself?

Are you willing to pray as he did. For God to help you stay away from those things that someday could take you to a place that you do not want to be?

I hope so. Because asking God for our daily needs, and knowing God will provide them, should be enough for us. 

Thanks for coming by Friends. Have a blessed day!







 r







 


No comments:

Post a Comment

2 chronicles 7;14

f my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I ...