Monday, September 23, 2024

Lamentations 3:21-26

 







21 This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope.

22 It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.

23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.

24 The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.

25 The Lord is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.

26 It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the Lord.

Without God, we are without hope. 

Recently a friend of mine, lost her father to death.

I am not sure that they were all that close.

He had left her mother many years ago.

But during that time, my friend became a Christian

and she would witness to the family.

He lived several months with cancer spreading through his body.

But when his death came, she had God's peace that he passed on into the hands of Jesus.

Because of hope.

Hope that surpasses the false hope that the world gives us.

For when we too pass, all that will pass as well.

If that is all we have in this world,

we have nothing.

It will make no difference as we take our first breath into eternity.

Put your trust in God

That is all the hope you have.

From your first breath to your last.

There is nothing more.

I am not trying to be negative here today.

There are good things that we go through in life.

But what I am trying to say is that is, at the end of it nothing else will take the place of Jesus taking us home.

And that is the hope we can live out before that time comes.

Thanks for coming by, Friends.

Have a wonderful and hope filled day!

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Levites from Nehemiah 9

Good morning, Friends As promised from yesterday's post, I found some information about the Levites of Nehemiah 9. Take a look at what i...