Monday, March 5, 2018

Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone)

   
except the chains to Him




Have you ever felt trapped? Trapped in something you are doing and know that it is wrong, but you just can't stop. Sin can be bittersweet in that we start out enjoying it but end up hating it and ourselves because it is wrong.It can become like chains that lock us up and imprison us so that we feel there is no way to break out of them. I think we all have been chained up by our sins at one time or another. We are held captive by the very things we really hate and yet we cannot break loose. 

But Praise God we don't have to stay chained up to those things that we hate. They only are enjoyable for a season.Hebrews 11:25. But Jesus came to set the captives free. Luke 4:18. We must be willing. We must repent. We must let God take hold of our bodies, minds, and spirits to be set free. And he wants to do that. All we need to do is confess with our mouths that Jesus is Lord and ask him to forgive us from all unrighteousness. And when we do that, we are washed white as snow. Isiah 1:18. 

The temptations for sin may still be there but that is why prayer and learning God's word will help us to keep us from going back to the chains of sin. God's word is more powerful than a two-edged sword. And learning it helps us in avoiding the very things we hate. 



AMAZING GRACE (MY SINS ARE GONE)
by Chris Tomlin


Amazing grace
How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost, but now I'm found
Was blind, but now I see

'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear
And grace my fears relieved
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed

My chains are gone
I've been set free
My God, my Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy reigns
Unending love, amazing grace

The Lord has promised good to me
His word my hope secures
He will my shield and portion be
As long as life endures

[2x]
My chains are gone
I've been set free
My God, my Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy reigns
Unending love, amazing grace

The earth shall soon dissolve like snow
The sun forbear to shine
But God, Who called me here below,
Will be forever mine.
Will be forever mine.
You are forever mine.

To hear this song, please visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MZgXXUW08Q
You will be blessed because God's grace is so amazing to free us from all unrighteousness. No matter what it is. 

        If you are bound up in the chains of some sin/s that you cannot get free of, I pray you will ask Christ to forgive you of it and he will. He is waiting on YOU!






Welcome, I am Kristin Schmucker and this is my blog about living an intentional life as a wife, Mama, and Christian.






Friends, I hope you will take to heart God's grace. He loves you so much and wants only his very best for you. Until tomorrow, be blessed and pass a blessing on to someone that needs it. You may be the only one that does in that person's life!




    20+ Best Blessings Quotes and status for Monday, Monday Blessings Images For Facebook, Monday Morning Blessings and quotes, Happy Monday Blessings And quotes with images.Monday Blessings ImagesA PRAYER FOR THE COMING WEEKDear Lord,Make me strong in spirit,Courageous in...



                   

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Word of God Stands on it Own Merit Romans 8

  The Apostle Paul packed a lot of wonderful stuff into this chapter of Romans. It is one of my very favorite chapters in the whole Bible. B...