Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Jesus Questioned by Religious Leaders (part 3 of Holy Week)

Jesus teaching in the temple.


                                                   Mathew 21:18-46


On Tuesday of Holy Week, Jesus returned to the Temple to teach. However, he was questioned by the religious leaders who wanted to know by what authority Jesus had, to do what he had done there the day before.

Jesus replied:" I will also ask you one thing, and if you tell me, I will tell you with what authority I do these things"Jesus then went on to ask them, "About the baptism of John, was it from heaven or men?"The leaders talked about this among themselves and could not come with a viable answer. And so Jesus said, " Neither then do I tell you what authority I do these things." However in verse 32, he stated that John had come to them in the way of righteousness, but they had not believed him.
Obviously, Jesus did not have to answer their question any further than that. But he did go on to teach several parables which can be found in Mathew 21: 28:44.

In the parable (verse 42-44) of the stone being rejected by the builders, it was clear to the leaders that he was speaking of them, in that he was going to take them out, as it were. They were not likely happy about this and wanted to get ahold of Jesus. But still, they could not because the people there looked to Jesus as a prophet and they would not allow him to be harmed.

As I think on the fact that the leaders did fear that the people would possibly come after them, it occurs to me how different most of those same people were going to feel in just a few short days. Jesus, their prophet was going to be rejected by so many of them. The devil's fight for Jesus's' life was going to go on among his own friends because he (the devil) thought that by killing him, he was going to completely destroy him. And today, that fight continues among people all over the world. We have rejected him and yet Praise God, Jesus was not defeated, nor will he ever be. Have you rejected him? If so, it is not too late for you to give satan the boot out of your life and accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior. If you haven't already, do it. Today. God is waiting for you!



Easter is a fun time of celebration,but it's not all candy and eggs, you know? It's not about the Bunny; it's about the Lamb.




Quote of the day from John 3:16



SVG, DXF, EPS Cut file, Im a Whosoever Easter svg, Easter cut file Christian cut file socuteappliques, silhouette cut file scrapbook file by SoCuteAppliques on Etsy https://www.etsy.com/listing/269826702/svg-dxf-eps-cut-file-im-a-whosoever

Thanks once again for your visit folks. Just in case any of you might be wondering where all the funny cartoons or jokes have gone from my blog, it is because Holy Week and the reason we celebrate it is too important to me to post those kinds of things this week. I am so in favor of Christians having fun and I don't want to eliminate that sort of content from my blog. But during this week I will not be adding it due to how serious this week is. Thank you for your continuing support of what I am trying to do with this site. You are so important to me as I try to bring you what I feel God is asking me to. With that being said, have another wonderful and blessed day!

Tuesday Blessings!



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Word of God Stands on it Own Merit Romans 8

  The Apostle Paul packed a lot of wonderful stuff into this chapter of Romans. It is one of my very favorite chapters in the whole Bible. B...