Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Expecting God's Blessings in 2019

Leviticus 26:10  You will still be eating last year's harvest when you will have to move it out to make room for the new.  Get ready for the things that God wants to start to do in your life. Make space and room for the new things He has in store. Dont settle down to accepting more of the same. Begin to live with expectation that the Lord has even better things in store.  Prayer: Lord I declare that I am making room for the new things that You want to do in my life. I look forward with faith...We want God to bless us this year, don't we? How badly do we want his blessings? Do we even think he wants to?

Sometimes it is hard to believe that God will bless us. But why? If we are employed, we expect a paycheck. When a couple gets engaged, they expect to one day be married. When a woman is pregnant, she expects a child to be born. We expect certain things from our lives.

But why is it sometimes so hard to believe that God will bless us when the world around us seems to be falling apart?

Just this morning I got a message on facebook from a friend. She is going through some hard things in her family. I can relate as there are a couple of things that are similar in my own family that I am going through. She had said she hopes things will be better this year, and I agreed. I don't know about her but for just a few moments after I had answered in that way, it seemed as if we were saying that in a more hopeless manner. At least, I was. My answer should have been something like, "I am expecting God to bless us this year."

Don't Worry, God Will help you! God is worthy of YOUR praise. His righteousness, His Mercy and His love is given to you daily as a gift and it is free, through His grace if you will ask for it, look for it or pray for it! :)  #christ #WBT #TBT #god #JesusBut why had I not? What the both of us are going through is not hopeless for God! And I know that she and I both know that our situations are not hopeless because we have talked a lot about them. I  just need to get out of that mentality because God wants to bless me! Not only in that situation but in all things. And if I get my attitude right-he will do just that!

2 Corthianians 9:8 says this:  And God is able to bless you abundantly so that in all things at all times, having all you need, you will abound in every good work.

Sure we get down sometimes. Life is not easy. But God does not want us to stay down. He upholds those who fall and uplifts all who are bowed down. Psalm 145:14.

I look at my blessing jar that I have just started. It already has a blessing for yesterday in it! That is a start! God has already started to bless me and I can count on that jar to be continuously filled throughout the year by the blessings that God gives me each day.

But maybe not if I don't expect them. Why should God bless me if I don't think that he will?  Perhaps he will at times when we don't because he is trying to get our attention so that we will acknowledge his work in our lives. He is God and he can do anything. However, I want my attitude to be right so that I have his attention in knowing that I expect his blessings to come my way when I am obedient to him.

Obedience I believe is the main key to his blessings. What are the ways we are obedient to God? For the next few days that will be our topics on this blog. I hope you will come each day to see what we can find out what the scripture says about our obedience and what it means for us. 
Exodus 14:14
Promise for January 2, 2019: The Lord will fight for you; you only need to be still. Exodus 14:14.

Thanks for coming today Friends Start the New Year off right. Get into God's word by the many ways there are available. Through the church, through your own bible study, through blogs like these on the internet. The more we learn about God, the better off we are in the world in which we live.
 God Bless!




In lieu of the New Year, I write this prayer in reflection of our many needs: personally, in family, in our society and the world. [...]








No comments:

Post a Comment

The Word of God Stands on its Own Merit: Romans 6 (part 2)

Read chapter 6 again for today: Paul made it clear that we as believers are not slaves to our sin. Granted, sometimes we struggle against it...