Monday, August 6, 2018

A Thankless Heart or A Thankful Heart (part one)

Romans 1:21

Having an unthankful heart can come with a high price. It can cause anxiety, rebellion, misery, stress, gossip, unrest, and much more. Not to even mention physical problems. 

On my last job, after I had been there for about 5 years, it was discovered that the CEO of the company had been embezzling money for quite some time. When it was discovered, he left the company of course, and those that took over were, to their benefit very forthcoming with what had happened. However, they were also in a scramble to figure out ways to make up for the loss because at the time, money was needed to pay some things in the company and that money that was supposed to be there....wasn't. It caused quite an uproar within the company as you would imagine. And the amount that was needed was no pocket change. The newly appointed CEO and his staff came up with a brilliant way to make it up. As it turned out the employees were going to have to take a 10 to 15% pay cut in their wages to cover it for an unspecified amount of time. I can tell you that all the causes of unthankful hearts and the cost of them that I have mentioned above, came out in many people during this time. Including myself. For me, it was so much so that it interfered with my work there. A job that I really had grown over the years to love.

At the time, I realize now I really had no reason to be so unthankful. I made fairly good money as did my husband. It was not going to make us go into bankruptcy. I know for others like some single moms, that it did hurt. What cost me the most was not the financial part, but the rest of it.

God had given me that job and there was no doubt in my mind about that. I had not been a good witness for others during that time as I joined in on the gossip and grumbling within the group that I worked beside.

Where had all that gotten me? Nowhere, I assure you. Except for the negative aspects it sure had not gotten me any peace for my unthankful heart. And later when I retired, the staff was still being cut on their wages. It had not gotten anyone anything.

In life, we have a choice. We can complain about our circumstances and develop the symptoms of being unthankful, or we can choose to be thankful to God for all he has done and is going to do for us. His word says in 1 Thessalonians 5:18 to give thanks in everything for this is God's will through Christ Jesus concerning you.

Was it God's will that this CEO did what he did. No. Was it his will that many staff members lost wages because of it. No, I don't think so. But it was his will that those of us that believed in him during that time, realized that the company that we worked for was not our real source of his provision. They paid our wages, to be sure. But he gave us our jobs there. And because of that, he would also supply our needs with or without the money that we were losing despite what was happening in the company.

Unthankfulness. Do we really want all that it can bring on to us? Physically and emotionally. It can be a draining on us in every aspect and worse yet, in our spiritual lives. Think about it. Are you unthankful with where God has you today? If you are, get into his word and read what he has to say about being thankful. Because it is that attitude of the heart that will make the difference in our lives.


WallPops Peel and Stick Miscellaneous Wall Stickers
Here is praying you will not only have a blessed day but a blessed week also. Thanks for dropping by.


May The Lord's Blessings Be Upon You. Thank you so much my sweet friend Debbie H. Ly














No comments:

Post a Comment

The Word of God Stands on its Own Merit: Day 7: 1 John 4

 1 John 4 4  Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into t...