Tuesday, August 21, 2018

What Does Righteousness Have to do with Me?

As long as we think we can somehow be good enough or that we don’t need “religion” or we make excuses for not surrendering to God, we will remain helpless, blind, and deluded about our own condition. Romans 3.10 - There is none righteous, no, not one.

Righteous: acting in accord with divine or moral law: free from guilt or sin
Merriam-Webster


There is none righteous, no not one. Romans 3:10

What does being righteous have to do with me? I sure do not think of me as being that. I am a sinner. A sinner saved by God's grace. However, Habakkuk 2:4 says that the righteous live by faith. And Psalm 37:29 says the righteous will inherit the land. 

And so the question in my mind is; Can Christians really be righteous? Can I be? Really? We equate righteousness with God.  How can this be for sinners? For sinners who have done the things that I have done?
We know that God is perfect. Every word he speaks. Every deed he does. Everything about him.

But we also know that true perfection, true righteousness is not attainable for us as human beings. Not in and of ourselves. It is only possible for us because God knowing that we have sinful natures are in need of a Savior. So then he sent his son Jesus, who never ever knew any sin at all to us to die the cruelest death possible, to take upon him the sin of the world so that in him we become the righteousness of God.. 2 Corthianians 5:21.

Sometimes it is still hard to believe that through my sin-even though I do it everyday-I am still counted as righteous. Yet I know that because I can go to the Father through Jesus Christ and ask his forgiveness and he will forgive my sin and remember them no more. Hebrews 10:17.

And that friends, is what righteousness has to do with me. What it has to do with you.
Aren't you overjoyed that God sees those of us that love him that way? No longer under that burden of our sin, we are made perfect through Christ. Praise his holy name!



I don’t know if anyone ever really escaped from a prison by smuggling in a file hidden inside a cake. But it makes a good illustration of how when we share the Gospel with people, we are giving them the means to their own escape from sin and death.

Thanks for coming by Friends. Have a blessed day!





Bless You Cross - Beautiful Photo:  This Photo was uploaded by angelgranny58. Find other Bless You Cross - Beautiful pictures and photos or upload your o...











No comments:

Post a Comment

The Word of God Stands on its Own Merit: Day 7: 1 John 4

 1 John 4 4  Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into t...