Thursday, August 16, 2018

Jesus: The Fairest of Ten Thousand




"He's the fairest of ten thousand to my soul."

Looking into this song further, I discovered there is no reference to this part of the song, in the bible at all. So why was it written that way?"

If you think about Jesus being the fairest of ten thousand, it is like being in a huge crowded room. Lots of people stand around talking, and perhaps eating food that is spread out on tables. And the one person in the whole room that you don't have to look for is one you instantly spot. And that is Jesus. I think it will be that way in heaven someday. There will be lots of people. But the one that stands out to us more than anyone will be our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

The song was written by Charles William Fry in the 1800s. According to   HYMN: I HAVE FOUND A FRIEND IN JESUS – By Charles W. Fry | Elifeonline he, with his wife and sons, formed the first Salvation Army Brass Band. There was not a lot recorded about him but he died on August 24, 1882, and on New Years Day in 1884 the first bandmaster of the Salvation Army was unveiled over his grave. On it was inscribed a verse he had written earlier, probably as a song.

The former things have passed,
And ended is the strife,
I'm safe home at last!
I live an endless life.

Obviously, Charles Fry looked forward to the time that he would be safe at home, spending his eternal life with the one he wrote and sang about in this song.

And whether or not the bible does not actually contain scripture that supports the phrase: he's the fairest of ten thousand to my soul, it can be said. That really, Jesus is that and so much more! I look forward to the day when I am home. Where former things have passed. My strife in this world will be ended and I will live an endless life with Jesus!





If we believe in Jesus, we don’t have to ask ourselves the question: will I go to heaven or not? Jesus has promised eternal life for all who accept him as their saviour:
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ...


Thanks for stopping by Friends. My prayer for you is that you will have showers of blessing from God today!
    



GOD BLESS MY FRIEND ;)







No comments:

Post a Comment

The Word of God Stands on its Own Merit: Day 7: 1 John 4

 1 John 4 4  Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into t...